I dreamed ....

I know, I know... I'm not really up to date with posting what is happening on the art side of life.
But I do need to start somewhere, so why not with a great news about the new exhibition? :)

Catalog - http://exhibitions.weebly.com/i-dreamed-i-saw-st-augustine-2015.html

I DREAMED I SAW SAINT AUGUSTINE  
Saint Augustine tower in Hackney, London
8.-17. April





NOTE TO SELF - 10 COMMANDMENTS
Mixed media
80x50cm
£111

My piece was inspired by the following two quotes handed down to us from Saint Augustine:

“Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact, be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erection in holy man.”

“The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend it self.”

I have been thinking why the seemingly unnecessary need to control women continues to have such an importance to many cultures and countries over centuries and to this day.

I have updated the 10 commandments into inspirational words to give women wings instead.

1. Remember
2. Brush your teeth and wings
3. Smile and say I love you
4. Trust yourself
5. Read
6. Learn something new
every day
7. Inspire with your actions
8. Hug
9. Play=work
10. Have fun


Comments

Popular Posts